Thursday, December 27, 2007

Painted Ladies

These two lovely paints were painted as an anniversary gift from a husband to his wife. I was fortunate enough to be able to visit them in person and take a series of photos before deciding on the composition with my client. It was a tremendous help when it came to sitting down at the canvas and trying to capture their personalities. I also had the privilege of being there when he presented it to her and that made my heart sing to see the happiness in her eyes when she unwrapped it. It feels good to know you've created something that will be a treasured keepsake.
11"x14" oil on canvas, private collection

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is really nice, I haven't seen you do the close ups before and really like it.

FRANK said...

Lovely!

Mary J DuVal said...

Thank you - These girls were so beautiful and I had fun trying to capture each of their individual personalities (easier with a close-up)

masgblog said...

these look so real!

Mary J DuVal said...

Thank you :0)They were so fun to paint, maybe it's time to do some more horses - I was just contemplating today what my next fun project would be

FCP said...

Mary,
I'm so amazed at your drawing skills. This one is a treasure.

Mary J DuVal said...

Let me tell you, all those horses I dreamed of owning when I was 12 but had to settle for drawing instead helped! :0)Thank you