Monday, June 11, 2007

Living With a Painting


Sometimes you just think you're finished with a painting and then, after living with it for awhile, you finally get the picture in your mind of what it really needs to finish it off.

The finished painting in comparison to the previous version has the new addition (among other things) of a little foal energized by the electricity of the approaching storm. Meanwhile "mom" is calm, her casual eating of the grass letting her foal know that there's nothing to fear. Personally, I know my enthusiasm for watching an approaching storm from our porch (respectfully appreciating it's power, yet enjoying the drama and excitement) has been passed down to my children who now yell out, "Mom, come see the clouds!!" If you live in Texas, you may be more acquainted with these quick changes in weather. I never remember being quite as drawn to the clouds when I lived in California (less rain, I suppose).

"Approaching Storm" 11x14 oil on canvas,


No longer available - Private Collection - http://artbymj.com/

No comments: