Thursday, June 28, 2007

Fresh From God



This was painted from a picture taken just hours after this little guy's birth. It certainly made me think of a quote which has stuck in my mind: "It is no small thing when those so fresh from God love us." Every now and then you sit down to do a painting and it just flows. That was the way it was with this painting. It almost feels like my hands are not my own. When I can paint from my heart and not my head, I have crossed from execution into enjoyment. First of all, it helps to have a great photo to work from; the lighting and composition work was already done for me so I could sit down and let it happen. Painted on a 5"x7" canvas, the smallness of it added to the capturing the arrival of a new member of God's family here on earth. I enjoyed this so much, I think I'll start a series, "Fresh from God."

No comments: