Wednesday, August 22, 2007

INSPIRATION in the sky



I debated with myself about doing this, but if you know me, you know that a very large part of what I consider to be "my artwork" are the creations I do for my church every Sunday in putting scripture slides up on the songscreen. (So you may be seeing them on my blog occasionally).

This morning I awoke to the most beautiful sunrise (photographed here) and then, lo and behold, if this wasn't in my daily scripture reading. The two just begged to be paired together!

Oh, I do LOVE clouds! I look up at the sky and ask God, "Please teach me how to paint like that!" One of the best things about returning to my painting is that my eyes have become so much more in tune to God's glory all around me. This inspiration is invaluable as an artist and I thought you might enjoy the extra inspiration today too. Have a blessed day!

2 comments:

Windy Lampson said...

Well, I thought I was just headed to your blog to thank you for the kind words you left on mine but I was also delighted to see your artwork AND to discover that you also have a strong faith in God- I love discoveries like that-

Mary J DuVal said...

Thank you Windy, for taking the time to visit my blog and for your kind words. I look forward to following your creations. I think it's wonderful when artists can encourage and inspire each other. It's a blessing!