Saturday, October 4, 2008

Delicate Bloom

When I cut this rose blossom from my garden, it's petals were already loosening and falling out. I hated to toss it, because it was so full and delicate. I decided to do an impromptu still life with a pear from the kitchen and laid it on its side so more petals wouldn't fall out.

(Would anyone like to help me come up with a title? I guess I used up all my creativity painting it. Email or comment your suggestions and I'll pick the first one that strikes my fancy). Update - thanks for all the suggestions, you didn't make it easy for me to choose with all your great ideas!




Pink Petals and Pear
8"x10" Oil on Canvas Board, unframed
private collection

5 comments:

Sylvia Jenstad said...

Had to stop... what a soft beautiful painting... really cool... I also love Dragonfly Pond

Mary J DuVal said...

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to comment. It is much appreciated! :0)

Heather Robinson said...

Oh Mary, what a delight that you stopped by my blog and left a lovely comment because I have just spent a wonderful few minutes scrolling through yours and sighing at the pieces of artwork that I see. This one is so soft and serene. I will definitely be visiting often. Sure hope you don't mind if I link you!!

Mary J DuVal said...

Thank you for your very kind words. I'm glad you enjoyed it and that you will check back in. I would appreciate the link and would love to do the same with yours.

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

That's a beautiful painting. Very nice.