Sunday, October 12, 2008

Road To A Villa



I paint in a group of people in which there is a lady who has been painting for quite awhile and I think I could pick out her paintings from a mile away. Artists as a whole love for someone to say that about their work. Her personal style is established and she is comfortable with it. I'm a bit envious. You can tell by my work that I am still experimenting and exploring different things and figuring out who I am as a painter. There are so many roads to go down, I can hardly pick just one. Not yet, anyway.
"Road To A Villa"
8"x8" oil canvas board mounted on 10"x10" canvas board
Unframed, $100 +S/H

4 comments:

Barbara Muir said...

This looks like a place I'd love to
visit. Your painting is lyrical and warm. Terrific.

Barbara

Mary J DuVal said...

I'd like to go there too! But I'm thankful for people who bring me wonderful vacation photos. Thanks for stopping by.

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

Yup, just keep going and you evolve naturally into your own 'style' of painting.
nice work here.

Mary J DuVal said...

Thanks for checking out my blog, Mary and for your kind words. I really appreciate the encouragement.