Saturday, February 6, 2010

"Barn Storm" - (Need titling help!)

Our home has a very large wall in an otherwise small room that has been begging for a painting so I decided to paint this barn that I snapped a photo of as we drove by. As you can see, I had fun getting carried away with the colors and my own ideas for the landscape and playing with contrasts. At 3'x4', this is a rather imposing picture, as I found out when I went to hang it up in the small room it was intended for. I absolutely love it, but this painting demands way too much attention and knocks the whole room off balance. I should've known better as I often paint pictures for people based on the room where it will hang and I totally missed it for my own home. Duh. I'm glad it wasn't for a client! Alas, I had to paint something else for the room, but that's ok - I had a blast with this one. I guess it will be looking for a home where it can be a focal point.

Only thing is, I can't seem to think of a title. Every now and then I draw a blank and I figured it's been awhile since I've asked my readers for help. Please email if you have a title recommendation for me.

"Untitled Barn, Before (or after?) a Storm"
3'x4' oil on gallery-wrapped canvas

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love this painting, BF. The colors in it are beautiful. Very striking.